Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy, yummy dip
- 5 ounces spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 15 ounces canned artichoke hearts, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Using just the water clinging to the leaves after rincing, steam the spinach until just wilted, 2 or 3 minutes if using fresh. If using frozen, thaw and squeeze extra liquid off.
- In a food processor, puree the spinach, garlic, beans, scallions, basil (fresh!), and lemon juice until as smooth as you prefer.
- Fold in the artichoke hearts and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.