1/2 Photos of Tangy Spaghetti Sauce for Canning
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This is a very mild spaghetti sauce. Thick and chunky just like we like it. I make this with the veggies from my garden. I have tired many different homemade sauces and this is the first one that has wowed my DH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup hungarian wax chile, chopped (banana peppers)
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced, chopped, and drained
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 cups tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons salt (canning)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1Add all ingredients to stock pot.
- 2Heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat.
- 4Simmer, partially covered for 2 hours.
- 5Stir occasionally.
- 6After it has simmered, fill clean sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top of jar. Put on cap, screw the band finger tight.
- 7Process for 35 minutes for quart jars in a water bath.
- 8** You can also freeze in quart size freezer bags.
- 9This sauce is great on any pasta dish.
Browse Our Top Water Baths Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Spaghetti Sauce for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (4845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2517.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hungarian wax chiles