Prep 2 hrs
Cook 12 hrs
This is my merged take on William Sonoma BBQ Brisket and Cola Brisket You will need 2 days of time and a whole lot of patience .A lot of steps but so worth it!
- 1360.77 g beef brisket
- 2 (453.59 g) can Coca-Cola
- 8 garlic cloves
- fresh ginger
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml sriracha sauce
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh cracked pepper
- 3 vidalia onions (medium)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 28.34 g fresh ginger
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 14.79 ml thyme, sesame seed, sea salt, sumac blend (Zahtar)
- 14.78 ml ras el hanout spice mix
- 29.58-59.16 ml sriracha sauce
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml regular ginger ale
- canola oil
- salt & pepper
- 118.29 ml root beer barbecue sauce
- Mix Marinade( 2 cans of regular Coke 8 cloves lightly smashed and peeled garlic,Half a large ginger root peeled and cut in to garlic sized chunks.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons (or to taste) Sriracha
- 2 TBS salt and 2 TBS of fresh Cracked Pepper together in plastic bowl.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved (it will foam and bubble) and pour over brisket in a Ziploc bag. Place bagged brisket in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Pre Heat slow cooker on highest setting with 1TBS of canola oil.
- Cut 3 medium Vidalia Onions into slices.
- Mince five cloves of Garlic.
- Peel but keep whole the other ginger root half.
- Remove Brisket and discard marinade liquid and contents.
- Dry off brisket with a clean paper towel.
- Place brisket in cooker and sear on high for 2 minutes on each side.
- Drop heat to low.
- Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 cup red wine 1 TBS Zahtar 3 tsp Ras El Hanout 2-4 TBS Sriracha½ cup Brown Sugar and ¼ cup BBQ sauce 1 cup regular ginger ale.
- Work until tomato paste is dissolved and the remainder of ingredients are incorporated
- Add in to slow cooker, onions, garlic and ginger root.
- Cook for 6-10 hours on low. (This depends on your slow cookers heat retention).
- When meat reaches desired tenderness, (you should be able to pull a bit from the ends easily) Take out of cooker and let it rest on counter for 1 hour.
- Score fat side of brisket.
- Pre heat Grill on lowest setting (about 175 to 200 degrees)
- While meat is resting, reduce Au Jus in cooker on high for about an hour, Strain out onions.
- Place rested meat onto grill fat side down. Baste with Au Jus and BBQ sauce.
- Grill on each side for 30 about minutes each (looking for good grill marks and some char).
- Slice Brisket thin, serve over top of onions and spoon over spicy Au Jus and remaining BBQ sauce.