This is my merged take on William Sonoma BBQ Brisket and Cola Brisket You will need 2 days of time and a whole lot of patience .A lot of steps but so worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Coca-Cola
- 8 garlic cloves
- fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked pepper
- 3 vidalia onions (medium)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon thyme, sesame seed, sea salt, sumac blend (Zahtar)
- 3 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 2 -4 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup regular ginger ale
- canola oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup root beer barbecue sauce
- 1Mix Marinade( 2 cans of regular Coke 8 cloves lightly smashed and peeled garlic,Half a large ginger root peeled and cut in to garlic sized chunks.
- 21/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons (or to taste) Sriracha
- 32 TBS salt and 2 TBS of fresh Cracked Pepper together in plastic bowl.
- 4Stir until sugar is dissolved (it will foam and bubble) and pour over brisket in a Ziploc bag. Place bagged brisket in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- 5Pre Heat slow cooker on highest setting with 1TBS of canola oil.
- 6Cut 3 medium Vidalia Onions into slices.
- 7Mince five cloves of Garlic.
- 8Peel but keep whole the other ginger root half.
- 9Remove Brisket and discard marinade liquid and contents.
- 10Dry off brisket with a clean paper towel.
- 11Place brisket in cooker and sear on high for 2 minutes on each side.
- 12Drop heat to low.
- 13Stir in 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 cup red wine 1 TBS Zahtar 3 tsp Ras El Hanout 2-4 TBS Sriracha½ cup Brown Sugar and ¼ cup BBQ sauce 1 cup regular ginger ale.
- 14Work until tomato paste is dissolved and the remainder of ingredients are incorporated
- 15Add in to slow cooker, onions, garlic and ginger root.
- 16Cook for 6-10 hours on low. (This depends on your slow cookers heat retention).
- 17When meat reaches desired tenderness, (you should be able to pull a bit from the ends easily) Take out of cooker and let it rest on counter for 1 hour.
- 18Score fat side of brisket.
- 19Pre heat Grill on lowest setting (about 175 to 200 degrees)
- 20While meat is resting, reduce Au Jus in cooker on high for about an hour, Strain out onions.
- 21Place rested meat onto grill fat side down. Baste with Au Jus and BBQ sauce.
- 22Grill on each side for 30 about minutes each (looking for good grill marks and some char).
- 23Slice Brisket thin, serve over top of onions and spoon over spicy Au Jus and remaining BBQ sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Soda Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 2699.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix