Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Healthy and easy! Each serving has 210 calories, 25 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat, 0 g fiber, 66 mg cholesterol, and 487 mg sodium I like spicy stuff, so I use 8 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- Arrange onion slices evenly in slow cooker; place the roast on top of the onion.
- In a bowl mix together water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour, then low for 4-6 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
"This is a winning recipe"! Easy to put together. DH loved it and said so - me too! We love garlic and I did add 3 diced cloves of garlic to the onions. Instead of water, I used chicken broth. (I wanted to use an open container) Other than that I followed the recipe to the letter. When the roast was done, I put the roast and juice in the fridge overnight and skimmed the fat the next day. (More healthy) After I skimmed the fat from the juice, I used some of the juice & some chicken broth to steam cabbage for a side dish. I heated the pork and thickened the remaining juice, with cornstarch, for a gravy. I added baked patatoes and had a wonderful supper. The pork was juicy, tender, and, with the awsome tastey gravy, cabbage and patatoes. It was a "to die for" meal! This is a keeper forever. Thank you Kelly
This is great! I made 1 change - used Splenda Granular for the sugar. I also upped the hot sauce as you suggested. A real winner! Thanks!
Thank you for sharing your lovely recipe wife2abadge. The pork was wonderful, tender, moist and juicy with a nice tangy flavor. It made wonderful sandwiches, that will be enjoyed again. Cooked in the slow cooker for 6 hours. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.