Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
Found this recipe on the all recipes website a number of years ago and have been enjoying these sandwiches ever since! Depending on the amount of pork being used, I sometimes double or triple the recipe for the sake of having extra sauce. Goes great with a nice tossed salad for either lunch or supper.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce (I use a bit less)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (I usually add an extra 1-2 tbsps depending on how tart the sauce is)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb boneless pork, cooked and cubed
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Mix together and bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Add the cooked pork and let simmer just until pork is heated through.
- Divide into 4 equal portions onto the bottom of each hamburger bun.
- Serve and enjoy.