Recipe by threeovens
I found a similar recipe in "Better Homes and Gardens" but they wanted me to shred up Brussels sprouts in here. Seriously? No can do. I also used raisins and dried cranberries instead of their suggestion of halved grapes.
- 3 cups sauerkraut, drained (liquid reserved)
- 4 cups green cabbage, cored and shredded (about 1/3 of a medium head)
- 1⁄2 green apple, thinly sliced and halved crossswise
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- cider vinegar, if needed
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine drained sauerkraut, cabbage, apple, raisins, and cranberries.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the reserved sauerkraut liquid (make up any difference with cider vinegar), oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss to coat.
- Serve within 6 hours for best flavor.