1/1 Photo of Tangy Slaw With Sauerkraut and Apples
I found a similar recipe in "Better Homes and Gardens" but they wanted me to shred up Brussels sprouts in here. Seriously? No can do. I also used raisins and dried cranberries instead of their suggestion of halved grapes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sauerkraut, drained (liquid reserved)
- 4 cups green cabbage, cored and shredded (about 1/3 of a medium head)
- 1/2 green apple, thinly sliced and halved crossswise
- 1/4 cup seedless raisin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- cider vinegar, if needed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large bowl, combine drained sauerkraut, cabbage, apple, raisins, and cranberries.
- 2In a smaller bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the reserved sauerkraut liquid (make up any difference with cider vinegar), oil, salt and pepper.
- 3Pour dressing over slaw and toss to coat.
- 4Serve within 6 hours for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Slaw With Sauerkraut and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 252.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g