Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My mother served this at many Christmas dinners and it was a great tangy salad to serve with any meat.
- 1 (6 ounce) lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water, in bowl (use microwave)
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 (4 ounce) cans baby shrimp
- Mix jello and boiling water; stir well for 2 minutes.
- Add the cold water to jello mix. Mix well.
- Add celery, chili sauce and shrimp. Stir well.
- Put into (5 cup) jello mold or bowl and cover with saran wrap.
- Chill well for 4-5 hours until set or overnight.
- To serve:.
- Dip mold bottom in hot water for 15- 20 seconds and unmold on platter of lettuce leaves.