Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I serve this salad on a bed of Boston Lettuce with buttery crackers such as Ritz or Clubhouse. The buttery crackers are a must!
- 3 cups peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chucky diced avocado
- 1 cup chunky diced roma tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- Mix mayo, horseradish, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in whole or coarsely chopped shrimp and chill for a 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile chop the remaining ingredients.
- After shrimp mixture is chilled add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on a bed of Boston or Butter lettuce.
This is a fantastic recipe because of the great flavors and the ease in preparation. This dish would be really fabulous on a summer evening paired with a nice white wine. The dressing is rich and would be great as a dip or used on a regular salad with the shrimp as an accent. When making the sauce I followed the recipe, but definitely added more salt and horseradish to best suit my taste. It will be runny, but don't be alarmed because when chilled it thickens up.
Really great shrimp salad! I made it just as written. It seemed like a lot of lime juice, but after chilling, the lime juice and horseradish flavors developed nicely. The avocado was an terrific addition. Will make this again! Thanx!
I halved the recipe as it's just me some evenings and I totally loved it. I had an avocado going south soon and this seemed to be a good way to use it. As a bonus, I discovered that this makes a great dip for tortilla chips if you have leftovers! This recipe is going straight to my Favorites list without any changes. Thanks Betty!