Recipe by Betty K. Rocker
I serve this salad on a bed of Boston Lettuce with buttery crackers such as Ritz or Clubhouse. The buttery crackers are a must!
Top Review by ErinK
This is a fantastic recipe because of the great flavors and the ease in preparation. This dish would be really fabulous on a summer evening paired with a nice white wine. The dressing is rich and would be great as a dip or used on a regular salad with the shrimp as an accent. When making the sauce I followed the recipe, but definitely added more salt and horseradish to best suit my taste. It will be runny, but don't be alarmed because when chilled it thickens up.
- 3 cups peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chucky diced avocado
- 1 cup chunky diced roma tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayo, horseradish, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Stir in whole or coarsely chopped shrimp and chill for a 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile chop the remaining ingredients.
- After shrimp mixture is chilled add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve on a bed of Boston or Butter lettuce.