Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great finger food, for parties. These can be made ahead, the shrimp taste better after they soak up the flavor anyhow.If you have time I recommend using frsh boiled shrimp and peel, leaving just the tail. Most seafodd departments at the grocery will do this for you.
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, with tails frozen thawed & drained
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium size sweet onion, thin sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, with juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 7 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 6 hours or up to 2 days.Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.