Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Copied years ago from some unknown source.
Make and share this Tangy Short Ribs Barbecue recipe from Food.com.
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups catsup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut ribs into individual portions, about 2 1/2-inches wide; trim excess fat.
- Place ribs on rack in a foil-lined roasting pan, bake in pre-heated 450F oven until browned about 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Remove beef and rack from the pan; pour off fat.
- Return beef to pan without the rack.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes; pour over beef to coat.
- Cover and bake in 350F oven until beef is fork tender, about 2 hours, spooning sauce over beef once.
- Skim excess fat from sauce in pan.
- Arrange beef on a platter; seve with pan sauce.