Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 lbs beef short ribs (Short Ribs should be cut into 2-inch pieces.)
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beef ribs in 4-Qt casserole or bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Cover tightly and microwave on medium (50%) until ribs are tender, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, rearranging ribs every 30 minutes.
The local grocery has a sale on beef ribs. I can't resist food on sale. One short search later and dinner was almost ready, I just had a bit of marinading and nuking to do. I love the fact that this is a microwave recipe, it's blistering hot outside, someone seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of the air, and the last thing I want to do is have a duel between my oven and air-conditioner. I marinaded the ribs in a ziplock bag with all the air sucked out of it so there was no need for turning. Then I only really needed a little over an hour in the microwave on 50%, I have a high wattage oven. Tender and delicious ribs, and I love the flavor combination of the lemon juice and the cumin. I am not a fan of steak sauce, so I used a mild matbucha. We had these with some pan-roasted corn on the cob and an Israeli salad on the side. Washed it down with some limonana (minty lemonade). Thanks for the sublime evening!