Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pops with flavor!
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced (marinate in lemon juice while preparing other ingredients)
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar (dissolved in vinegar)
- 1⁄4 sea salt
- 1 garlic clove (mashed with sea salt using mortar and pestle)
- 1⁄3 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 pickle, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, minced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, minced
- 1 cup thawed peas
- 1⁄2 shredded carrot (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 2 (7 ounce) canscans wild salmon
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and chilled
- Prepare pasta "al dente" per package directions. Drain and cold-shock in ice water to stop cooking process. Drain again and refrigerate.
- Mince onion, add to the juice of 1 juice lemon, and set aside to marinate.
- Add sugar to vinegar and set aside to dissolve.
- Mash garlic with sea salt using mortar and pestle until texture is creamy.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, pickle, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic.
- Finish sauce by stirring in onion/lemon and vinegar/sugar mixtures.
- Mix sauce with canned salmon, peas, carrots, and celery until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.