Sesquipedalian Sapphist's Note:
Pops with flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced (marinate in lemon juice while preparing other ingredients)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar (dissolved in vinegar)
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1 garlic clove (mashed with sea salt using mortar and pestle)
- 1/3 cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 pickle, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, minced
- 1 cup thawed peas
- 1/2 shredded carrot (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans cans wild salmon
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and chilled
- 1Prepare pasta "al dente" per package directions. Drain and cold-shock in ice water to stop cooking process. Drain again and refrigerate.
- 2Mince onion, add to the juice of 1 juice lemon, and set aside to marinate.
- 3Add sugar to vinegar and set aside to dissolve.
- 4Mash garlic with sea salt using mortar and pestle until texture is creamy.
- 5Combine mayonnaise, mustard, pickle, tomatoes, peppers, and garlic.
- 6Finish sauce by stirring in onion/lemon and vinegar/sugar mixtures.
- 7Mix sauce with canned salmon, peas, carrots, and celery until thoroughly combined.
- 8Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Salmon Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 390.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: