1/1 Photo of Tangy Salisbury Steaks
A Salisbury Steak recipe thats a bit out of the ordinary.. The horseradish gives it a nice tang, and the mushrooms also add to the nice taste. Serve with boiled noodles or mashed potatoes and a veggie of choice.. I hope its enjoyed here..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Corse chop 1/2 of the drained can of mushrooms.
- 2Saute onions and chopped mushrooms in butter over medium heat just until the onions are tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 3In a large bowl, mix ground sirloin, bread crumbs, egg, worcestershire sauce, horseradish, spices and cooled onion/mushroom mixture together and make 4 oval patties.
- 4Fry or broil the 4 patties to desired doneness ( I like medium well).
- 5While the steaks are cooking, add the consomme' and remaining 1/2 can of mushrooms to a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- 6Mix the cornstarch and water together and use to thicken the gravy mixture to the desired thickness just before serving.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Salisbury Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.7
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 1136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 33.4 g