Recipe by lets.eat
From The Best of Country Cooking 2005 The recipe called for Stroganoff sauce mix, but the computer did not have such an ingredient listed, but when I made this I could not find Stroganoff, and used Hollandaise instead
- 2 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut into 2-1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in French dressing until the meat is no longer pink. In a small bowl combine sauce mix and water until blended; stir into the beef mixture. Add the mushrooms, celery, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60 minutes or until the meat is tender. Serve over noodles.