Recipe by English_Rose
A nice and spicy partner to pre-dinner drinks. Great with some toasted pita for dipping
Top Review by rebaanne
This was a very delicious recipe. I added 2 to 3 ounces of bleu cheese and served with parmesan basil wheat thins. I thi8nk feta would have mixed nicely with the roasted red pepper mix too.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces walnut halves
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, from a jar, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, heat the ground cumin and paprika in the olive oil until fragrant. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, then season with salt and pepper.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the spiced olive oil until incorporated.
- Add a tbsp of water if it's too thick.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with freshly ground black pepper and paprika on top.