Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This relish adds a little zip to your roast beef.
- 1 (20 ounce) can beets, drained and mashed (reserve juice)
- 3 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion juice (I run a little onion in the blender, as I usually don't keep onion juice on hand)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- Drain liquid from beets and put into a measuring cup Add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups liquid Mash beets Put liquid in pan bring to a boil Add onion, vinegar, jello and salt.
- Remove from heat and stir well Pour into glass bowl and chill until soft set Remove from fridge and add mashed beets, borseradish, and celery Return to fridge until completely set.
- (Cooking time includes time for chilling).