Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in Taste of Home magazine and with rhubarb soon to be in season wanted to save it here. Hope to try it soon as sounds light and refreshing and not to difficult to make. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time. Rhubarb season and I finally got around to making this. If you like the tang of rhubarb you'll love this - I think it might be even better with strawberries added and might give that a try.
- 32 ounces plain yogurt
- 3 cups rhubarb (chopped, fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl. Add yogurt to strainer, cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, water, vinegar and salt; cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and rhubarb is tender.
- Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add vanilla and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer yogurt from cheese cloth to a bowl (discard liquid from first bowl)
- Gradually fold cream mixture into yogurt.
- Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.