1/1 Photo of Tangy Rhubarb Fool
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in Taste of Home magazine and with rhubarb soon to be in season wanted to save it here. Hope to try it soon as sounds light and refreshing and not to difficult to make. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time. Rhubarb season and I finally got around to making this. If you like the tang of rhubarb you'll love this - I think it might be even better with strawberries added and might give that a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl. Add yogurt to strainer, cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth.
- 2Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, water, vinegar and salt; cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and rhubarb is tender.
- 4Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- 6Add vanilla and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer yogurt from cheese cloth to a bowl (discard liquid from first bowl)
- 7Gradually fold cream mixture into yogurt.
- 8Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Rhubarb Fool
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 142.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar