Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This pulled pork recipe is very very good. Try it out, you will not be disapointed.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add roast.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks.
- Skim off fat from cooking juices, return meat to juices and heat through.
- Serve with a slotted spoon on buns.
Loved this. We were eating it all week!
Wow! Really great! The best pulled pork I ever had was in a place in Tennessee. It was vinegary and delicious, and this was it. I didn't have a whole bottle of ketchup, just half of a small one. So I put that in, added 8 oz. of tomato sauce, and rinsed the bottle out with water to make 44 fl. oz. like in the original recipe. I didn't go thru the butter and flour step at the beginning. Instead, at the end, I just threw in a smallish handful of Wondra and let it boil for a couple of minutes to get rid of the flour taste. For my next servings of this, I will probably serve open face, while the next time I make the recipe, I will buy sturdy rolls. Thank you for an incredible meal.
Made 1/2 a recipe,it was very good.Served it with a salad.It would be great for a group of people.