Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Zippy potatoes for a side to grilled steak!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These were quick and easy to make and tasty too. Were a bit spicy for me, but I think it is because I put too much pepper on them; DH said they were perfect! Will try next time with a grilled steak...Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 1 lb red new potato, unpeeled
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan, combine Worcestershire sauce with wine and cook over MED HIGH heat until reduced by half, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add melted butter; blend and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes in 1/4" slices.
- Brush mixture on potato slices.
- As Derf said in a review: WATCH the Potatoes under the Broiler! Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Broil about 3” from heat(or grill on oil-sprayed grill sheet) for 3 minutes, turn; brush with mixture and sprinkle with more spices; and broil for 3 minutes more.