Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Zippy potatoes for a side to grilled steak!
- 1 lb red new potato, unpeeled
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- In sauce pan, combine Worcestershire sauce with wine and cook over MED HIGH heat until reduced by half, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add melted butter; blend and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes in 1/4" slices.
- Brush mixture on potato slices.
- As Derf said in a review: WATCH the Potatoes under the Broiler! Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Broil about 3” from heat(or grill on oil-sprayed grill sheet) for 3 minutes, turn; brush with mixture and sprinkle with more spices; and broil for 3 minutes more.
These were quick and easy to make and tasty too. Were a bit spicy for me, but I think it is because I put too much pepper on them; DH said they were perfect! Will try next time with a grilled steak...Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
We loved these! The whole family, top to bottom, loved em. They gave me that "hurt look" when there weren' more! I am adding this to my list of things I'd give more than 5 to, if I could! Reviewed for ZWTIII.
Very tasty! I did substitute water for the white wine with great results. I also decided to sprinkle with chipotle powder instead of paprika - added an extra zing. I watched carefully, as advised, and it looked like my potatoes were burning but they didn't taste that way. I love the way the sauce carmelizes on the potatoes!