Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT for Germany. Comes from Allrecipes.
- 12 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Peel and slice potatoes; combine with onion, eggs, pickles and parsley in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Heat chicken broth until warm; remove from the heat.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix until smooth. Pour over potato mixture and mix lightly. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, gently stir in tomatoes and bacon.
The flavours of this potato salad were superb. I used baby Nadine potatoes which I boiled and just quartered (didn't peel), the only change I would make is to slowly add the stock to the mayonnaise until you get the consistency you like, as I added the moyonnaise to the stock and is was to thin for my liking so added heaps more mayonnaise but used only a small portion of it so depending on how you like to coat your salad that is my suggestion but all the flavours of all the ingredients speak for themselves and make a delicious potato sald I would be pround to serve up to anyone, thank you Boomette, made for 123 Hits tag game.
This salad is great. My DH doesn't like dill so I used bread and butter pickles and also subbed
bacon bits (what I had). I couldn't quite sampling while I was making. You're a good cook!
Put this salad together as per the recipe (although I did substitute a scant 1/4 cup of bacon bits for the bacon slices) & was totally satisfied with the results ~ Definitely a nice change of pace from what I usually make! I'm not usually big on dill pickles, but like I said, I followed your ingredients! Thanks for posting the recipe for this very tasty potato salad! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]