Recipe by Evie*
An old favourite
Top Review by ReeLani
Wonderful stuff! I made this for today's office potluck, and it disappeared really quickly. Lucky I kept a small bowl aside for myself. I love the blend of flavors, and especially the note of tarragon. And normally I wouldn't touch potato salad, no matter who makes it. This is a keeper.
- 3 lbs new potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Mix together the vinegar and mustard, then slowly whisk in the oil.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle slice into a large bowl.
- Add the onion to the potatoes and pour the combined vinegar, mustard and oil mixture over them.
- Season, then toss gently to combine.
- Leave to stand at least 1/2 an hour.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and tarragon, gently stir in to the potatoes along with the celery.