Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mamaw's recipe for potato salad. It has a nice little tang to it and I haven't found another potato salad that I like as much.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- Mix together first 4 ingredients, cook until thick.
- Take off of stove, add 2 T mustard and 1 cup sugar. Mix together and refrigerate or use right away for potato salad.
- Mash potatoes adding butter and milk as though making thick, lumpy mashed potatoes.
- Add mustard, sugar, onion, relish, boiled eggs and cooked dressing.
This is definitely different than any other potato salad I've tried, it reminded me a little of a German potato salad. I think the amount of sugar was too much for my tastes, in the future I would cut back to half a cup. Other than being too sweet, the combinations of flavors were good. Thanks for the recipe.
This potato salad is like no other I have ever tasted. This was absolutely delicious!