Recipe by Ridgely
This is a great tasting pork dish that is pretty quick to make with delicious results. Healthy too!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onions or 1 cup other sweet onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatillos (about 8 oz.)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 8 oz.)
- 1⁄2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add pork; toss well.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Add pork; saute 3 minutes.
- Remove pork from pan; set aside.
- Heat 1 ½ t.
- olive oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatillos, saute 1 minute.
- Add pork; cover and cook 10 minutes or until pork is done.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro; cover and cook 1 minute.
- Serve with rice.