1/2 Photos of Tangy Orange Juice Muffins (Diabetic)
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I love oranges, orange juice, orange oil (great for polishing furniture!) and just the smell. It always puts me in a fall, Christmas mood. I experienced the most wonderful thing this year at Christmas - REAL LIVE FLORIDA ORANGES! My aunt's sister, Connie, lives in FLA and has an orange tree. They are so different from the "brought ons" (what my dad calls things like the crunchy tomatoes in December) that the grocery store has. Sometimes around here, though, we get good home-grown stuff. Anyway, I still have about three left and I am going to absolutely cherish every one down to the last peel, which I'll probably freeze for later use. (Thanks for the tip in the frugal thread!) These muffins are great and really need no butter or jam, just a great cup of hot tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly coat 9 muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with paper-liners; set aside.
- 2Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in orange juice, melted butter, egg and orange peel until all ingredients are just moistened.
- 4Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 6One muffin is 2 starch and 1 fat.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Orange Juice Muffins (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.4
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 166.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g