Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card. You can substitute the steak for chicken.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 12 ounces sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups string beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- In a large bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar and lemon peel, mix well. Add steak and toss to coat.
- In a large no stick skillet or wok, heat oil over med-high heat add orange peel and ginger. Cook stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Place orange peel slices on a plate, set aside.
- Add steak to skillet, cook stirring frequently until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle orange peel and pepper over steak, cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar and orange juice, cook stirring until liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans and peas, cook stirring until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
This was pretty tasty. I used lemon and orange zest and it lovely and fruity. It certainly was a bit different. I served it with some steamed vegetable and rice. Thanks!
We used grated lemon peel and orange peel through out the recipe for this dish. The combination of rice vinegar with orange juice is worth mentioning as it produces a nice and unique flavor to this dish. Overall, we liked this recipe.