Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's my grandson's favorite salad. It's simple and good. The cook time is actually the chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 medium oranges, peeled
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, oil, lemon rind, salt, and marjoram in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add the cauliflower flowerets, and green onions to the marinade.
- Toss lightly to coat well.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tear spinach into bite-size pieces. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the spinach and oranges to the vegetable mixture.
- Toss lightly and serve.
Refreshingly crunchy and crisp!!!! I made 1/2 the recipe using 1 large orange. I didn`t use the zest. I did make my flowerettes very small. A quick blanch and quick chill in a ice bath would be good to do to the cauliflower before adding to the salad. I did substitute raw honey for the sugar. Thanks.