Recipe by Outta Here
Serve this on burgers, hot dogs, steak or chicken. This is from an old booklet put out by the Walla Walla Gardeners Association. Walla Walla is in SW Washington state.
Top Review by Bread 'n Butter
This is fantastic! My garden was producing more onions than we could eat so I was looking for a recipe that would help me out. So far, I think my husband has put them on everything he's eaten. He's even asking me to can them so he can use them throughout the winter. Thank you for posting this great recipe!
- 6 medium walla walla onions, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or olive oil)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a 3-quart, non-aluminium saucepan over medium heat; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon relish into bowl; cover and refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Store unused relish in covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.