Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in Shehzad Husain's Healthy Indian Cooking....delicious with any savoury meal. Note: This relish stays good for up to a week in the refrigerator, but do not add yogurt until just before you serve it.
- 2 medium firm tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- Place the tomatoes in boiling hot water for a few seconds. Take them out and peel them.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove seeds and chop roughly.
- Chop the onions, chillies, mint and coriander leaves too.
- Place the above mixture in a grinder with Tabasco sauce, lime juice, salt and honey.
- Add tomatoes to this and grind for a few seconds.
- Stir in yogurt just before serving.