Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
This meatloaf is super juicy and tasty. The sauce is a nice touch and adds even more flavor.
Top Review by trisha0512
I love meatloaf and this was really good, especially the sauce. This will be a regular at our house! I did add Worchistier, A1, Tomato Sauce and a Meatloaf Seasoning Packet to the hamburger (my secret ingredience!!) Thank you for posting this!!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sourdough breadcrumbs, blend 5 bread slices in food processor
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot ketchup, Heinz Kicker's Hot & Spicy
- 1 tablespoon ketchup, regular
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the loaf pan.
- In a small sauté pan, melt butter.
- Add chopped onions and cook until soften, about 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, milk and 3 tablespoons of the Heinz 57 sauce. Add cooked onions and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into a loaf and press into pan.
- Brush remaining 3 tablespoons Heinz 57 sauce on top of loaf.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until juices are clear.
- Whisk cornstarch in water until blended.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine cornstarch mix, Heinz 57, Heinz Kicker Ketchup, A1 sauce, regular ketchup, apple juice and brown sugar. Heat until bubbly. Sauce will be thick.
- Pour sauce over meatloaf to serve.