Recipe by BeachGirl
This is my favorite cauliflower dish. At a training seminar, teachers could "teach" anything to demonstrate their teaching techniques. One teacher taught us how to cook this recipe, and I love it!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 118.29-177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml finely chopped green onions or 14.79 ml mild onion
- 118.29-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese or 118.29-236.59 ml parmesan cheese
- 4.92-9.85 ml prepared mustard
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cauliflower and drain.
- Cut off large stem, leaving mostly the top of the cauliflower.
- Cut into bite-sized florets and place in a single or double layer on a serving platter or microwave dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for about 5-8 minutes until tender crisp (do not overcook).
- Microwaves vary so check after 4-5 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix mayonnaise, mustard, and onion together.
- As soon as cauliflower is done, remove plastic wrap and (sprinkle with salt, if using) spread sauce over hot cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high to just melt cheese.
- Serve hot.
- VARIATION: If you like hot foods, add a little hot sauce to mayonnaise mixture.