This is my favorite cauliflower dish. At a training seminar, teachers could "teach" anything to demonstrate their teaching techniques. One teacher taught us how to cook this recipe, and I love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash cauliflower and drain.
- 2Cut off large stem, leaving mostly the top of the cauliflower.
- 3Cut into bite-sized florets and place in a single or double layer on a serving platter or microwave dish.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for about 5-8 minutes until tender crisp (do not overcook).
- 5Microwaves vary so check after 4-5 minutes.
- 6While cauliflower is cooking, mix mayonnaise, mustard, and onion together.
- 7As soon as cauliflower is done, remove plastic wrap and (sprinkle with salt, if using) spread sauce over hot cauliflower.
- 8Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 9Loosely cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high to just melt cheese.
- 10Serve hot.
- 11VARIATION: If you like hot foods, add a little hot sauce to mayonnaise mixture.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Microwaved Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 332.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: