Recipe by BeachGirl
This is my favorite cauliflower dish. At a training seminar, teachers could "teach" anything to demonstrate their teaching techniques. One teacher taught us how to cook this recipe, and I love it!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions or 1 tablespoon mild onion
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cauliflower and drain.
- Cut off large stem, leaving mostly the top of the cauliflower.
- Cut into bite-sized florets and place in a single or double layer on a serving platter or microwave dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH for about 5-8 minutes until tender crisp (do not overcook).
- Microwaves vary so check after 4-5 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix mayonnaise, mustard, and onion together.
- As soon as cauliflower is done, remove plastic wrap and (sprinkle with salt, if using) spread sauce over hot cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high to just melt cheese.
- Serve hot.
- VARIATION: If you like hot foods, add a little hot sauce to mayonnaise mixture.