Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I like this meatloaf and on occaision I like it stuffed with homemade bread stuffing. You can do this, by dividing the loaf in half lengthwise, add your favorite stuffing to bottom half, seal with top half.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 3⁄4 cup crushed Wheat Chex
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard.
- Remove and reserve 4 tablespoons for topping.
- To remaining ketchup mixture, add worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion, salt, pepper and egg.
- Blend well; then add green pepper and wheat chex.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into loaf in shallow pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Pour reserved 4 Tbsp.
- of topping over meatloaf and bake 15 minutes longer.
Easy and Delicious. My family devoured this in about 15 minutes, way before it had time to cool down so it sliced nicely. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.