Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom started making this when I was younger and it's always a hit! I've had to jot down the recipe anytime I've made it for company. I usually make up a big batch of these meatballs and keep in the freezer for other uses because they are so good! Hope you like them too!
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) bottlesof brooks tangy catsup
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash onion salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
- For Meatballs- Mix all meatball ingredients together, make into tsp size balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes (I usually start preparing the sauce about 15 minutes into the meatballs baking).
- For Sauce- Cook in saucepan till jelly dissolved and sauce is hot.
- Add cooked meatballs and serve!
These meatballs were wonderful! I more than halved the recipe as its just me and DBF and there was more than enough for the both of us. I loved these tangy sweet meatballs. I think next time I may try adding some red pepper flakes to them to give them a little bit of heat. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe. I'll DEFINITELY be making these again!!!
I made these for a holiday get together, and they were enjoyed by young and old alike. I only had 1/2 cup of milk left, so I halved the breadcrumbs too. Cooked meatballs in oven, but just threw the sauce ingredients in the crockpot, then added the meatballs (did all this the night before). Next day I left the crock on low (all afternoon), and they were perfect for feast time, around 6pm. Thanks Lisa, these are great, easy and can easily be made ahead.