Recipe by Loves2Teach
My mom started making this when I was younger and it's always a hit! I've had to jot down the recipe anytime I've made it for company. I usually make up a big batch of these meatballs and keep in the freezer for other uses because they are so good! Hope you like them too!
Top Review by shimmerysummersun
These meatballs were wonderful! I more than halved the recipe as its just me and DBF and there was more than enough for the both of us. I loved these tangy sweet meatballs. I think next time I may try adding some red pepper flakes to them to give them a little bit of heat. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe. I'll DEFINITELY be making these again!!!
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) bottlesof brooks tangy catsup
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash onion salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- For Meatballs- Mix all meatball ingredients together, make into tsp size balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes (I usually start preparing the sauce about 15 minutes into the meatballs baking).
- For Sauce- Cook in saucepan till jelly dissolved and sauce is hot.
- Add cooked meatballs and serve!