Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You can vary the flavor of this lovely appetizer by swapping for instance, feta for the cheddar and use pitted kalamata olives and fresh oregano. Taken from the All You magazine. Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, drained and chopped (jarred)
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice blocks of cheese in half lenthwise and then into 12 slices crosswise.
- Alternates slices on a platter.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour mixture over cheese.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with french bread or crackers.
I found this recipe on another site and made it for our Christmas Open House and it was a huge hit. I found this recipe when I did a search as I was going to post this but someone beat me to it so I am giving this a review. Great for pot lucks also