Recipe by LAURIE
From a Canadian maple syrup web site. These sound delightful and unique. Cant wait to try them.
Top Review by Kaarin
I made a double batch of these and they were very, very good! They're not as tangy as I was expecting, so next time I may reduce the maple syrup to balance that a little. But they are delicious as is. I used venison for the beef, and found these need to be drained very well before adding the sauce. (And venison is quite lean.) We enjoyed these different meatballs. Thanks Laurie!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground meats, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoons Salt and pepper.
- Form into 1 ½" balls.
- Place in 8" square pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch, dry mustard and remaining salt in small saucepan. Gradually stir in vinegar, syrup and water. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain fat from meatballs and pour sauce over them.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer.