Recipe by dale!
I really want to try this, but haven't yet. Tell me how it goes.
Top Review by rosslare
Good one! Sweet and smooth. Tangy? I did use 1/4 cup lemon juice to sub the water, so yes, mine was nice and tangy. Not a bit too much. I also like that it has real cream and whole eggs in it. You can taste it and I also believe it's good for you.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 2 small mangoes, pureed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 passion fruit (pulp of)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk gelatine into hot water with a fork and set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- Stir in mango puree, gelatine, lemon juice and rind.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into mango mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and lightly fold through mango mixture until well combined.
- Pour mousse into 6 individual lightly greased one-cup moulds OR one 1
- 5-litre mould.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- For the sauce combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and stir over low heat to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to the boil without stirring.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in passionfruit and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve mousse with sauce and fresh mango slices.
- WARNING: As the mousse contains uncooked egg do not give to pregnant persons (usually female).