1/1 Photo of Tangy Lemon Squares
I found this on the back of a grocery cash register receipt, just don't ask which store! I have NO idea, although the most likely would be Ingles, in Georgia where I used to live. That was were I did 99% of my grocery shopping. I haven't tried it, but intend to very soon. It sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Mix flour, equal or sugar, and salt in medium sized bowl. Cut into this the 6 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender until it is a bowlful of coarse crumbs.
- 4Next, sprinkle this with 1 teaspoon of the grated lemon peel.
- 5Mix with your hands to form a dough.
- 6Press the dough evenly on the bottom and up the side for 1/4" of an 8" square baking pan.
- 7Bake until set, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- 8Cool on a wire rack. Do not remove from the pan yet.
- 10Beat the eggs and the equal, or the sugar.
- 11Into this mix the lemon juice, the 4 tablespoons of melted butter and the 1 tablspoon of the lemon peel.
- 12This is then poured onto the cake, and baked for a further 15 minutes, or until the filling is completely set.
- 13Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 14Cut into squares, and carefully remove from pan and place on serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 45.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g