Absolutely delicious grilled or baked chicken, with the sweet-sour flavors of plums, lemon and a dash of cloves, mustard, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces. And although we haven't tried it, we think that the sauce itself would be just as good on pork, or would make a fine dipping sauce for egg rolls, etc.!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can purple plums, drained and pitted
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1Puree plums in a blender.
- 2Saute onion in butter until tender (do not brown).
- 3Add plum puree and the rest of the ingredients (except chicken).
- 4Simmer together 15 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and salt to taste.
- 6Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, then uncover and spoon on half of the plum sauce, spreading evenly.
- 7Raise oven heat to 400 degrees and return chicken to oven for 15 more minutes.
- 8Baste chicken with the rest of the sauce and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- 9Alternatively,this is also wonderful grilled!
- 10Grill over medium coals until almost done, then baste frequently with plum sauce; can serve extra on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Lemon-Plum Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.6
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 113.1 mg
- Sodium 498.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 32.2 g