Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frosts two 8-9"-inch layers or one 13x9"-inch cake. I have not tried this recipe. I got it from a recipe box from an estate sale.
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (sift if lumpy)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 8 -10 drops yellow food coloring, if desired (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix crisco, salt, 1 c confectioners sugar, lemon peel, and food coloring, if desired.
- Add lemon juice, water, and remaining sugar alternately; mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add more sugar to thicken or water to thin frosting if needed for good spreading consistency.