Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pleasant change from jams, jellies, and marmalades. Try it on toast or muffins, or use it as a filling between layers of cake.
- Extract the juice of the lemons, and then grate the rind very thinly.
- Beat the eggs, and then put the eggs, lemon rind and lemon juice, butter and sugar into the top of a double boiler.
- Stir over simmering water until the mixture is glossy and thick enough to coat the back of wooden spoon.
- Strain into sterilized jars and cover.
- Unless you plan to use the lemon curd within a couple of days, refrain from making large quantities at a time.
- Store in a fridge.