Cook1 hr 30 mins
My daughter loves this recipe. It is nice and lemony. Very nice served with rice.
Make and share this Tangy Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lemons
- 1 whole roasting chicken (about 5 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bulbs fennel, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Juice 1 lemon and quarter remaining lemon.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Spread ½ this mixture under skin of chicken.
- Place lemon and yellow onion quarters in cavity of chicken; tie legs together with chicken twine.
- Spread remaining lemon mixture evenly over chicken.
- Place fennel wedges and red onion wedges in roasting pan and place chicken on top on vegetables.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted in chicken thigh, not touching bone, reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.