1/1 Photo of Tangy Lemon Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My daughter loves this recipe. It is nice and lemony. Very nice served with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lemons
- 1 whole roasting chicken (about 5 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bulbs fennel, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Juice 1 lemon and quarter remaining lemon.
- 3Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4In bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 5Spread ½ this mixture under skin of chicken.
- 6Place lemon and yellow onion quarters in cavity of chicken; tie legs together with chicken twine.
- 7Spread remaining lemon mixture evenly over chicken.
- 8Place fennel wedges and red onion wedges in roasting pan and place chicken on top on vegetables.
- 9Roast 15 minutes.
- 10Reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 11Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until thermometer inserted in chicken thigh, not touching bone, reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 12Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 29.9 g