Recipe by Deantini
These not-so-sweet bars are a nice change from the sweet treats and will stand out if placed with a selection of holiday cookies. Can be frozen for up to one month, if you are planning ahead.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13 x 9 inch cake pan, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In mixing bowl beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, stir in flour until just blended. Press into prepared pan
- Bake for 25 min or until golden. Let cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- In bowl beat eggs with sugar until pale and thickened. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, flour and baking powder, beat until smooth.
- Pour over cooled base.
- Bake in 325 F oven until set, approx 25-30 min.
- Let cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- Dust withicing sugar and cut into bars.