Recipe by Katha
Had leftover pork roast slices. Needed something good but quick. Serve with salad if desired.
Top Review by cleash
Used some leftover pork roast. Good flavor. Wife doesn't like things too lemony but she said this tasted good. Sliced the pork the same thickness as the onions and mushrooms. Thanks for the good use of leftovers!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (original)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, slices thin
- 2 medium mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 lb leftover pork, slices chopped
- 3 hoagie rolls (club rolls)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions & mushrooms.
- Sauté till onion is golden.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, sugar, paprika, Mrs Dash, Cayenne.
- Stir to blend.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir often.
- Add pork allow to simmer until pork is heated through.
- Divide pork & sauce on to 3 hoagies.