Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes enough for a crowd and is an easy veggie dish.
- 3 (1360.77 g) package baby carrots, about 6 cups
- 1 large lemon
- 59.14 ml liquid honey
- 29.58 ml butter, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf, optional
- Place carrots in a large wide saucepan.
- Add just enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Cut lemon in half and discard seeds.
- Squeeze about 3 tbsp juice from lemon.
- Stir into carrots, along with honey, butter and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Then reduce heat to medium-high and boil gently, covered, and stirring often until carrots are almost tender, from 8-10 minutes.
- Remove lid and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue to cook, uncovered and stirring often, until remaining liquid in pan is absorbed and carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using basil, stack about 5 leaves on top on one another, and cut into thin strips.
- Repeat with remaining basil.
- Remove carrots from heat and stir in basil.
- Serve immediately.