This makes enough for a crowd and is an easy veggie dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place carrots in a large wide saucepan.
- 2Add just enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- 3Cut lemon in half and discard seeds.
- 4Squeeze about 3 tbsp juice from lemon.
- 5Stir into carrots, along with honey, butter and salt.
- 6Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 7Then reduce heat to medium-high and boil gently, covered, and stirring often until carrots are almost tender, from 8-10 minutes.
- 8Remove lid and reduce heat to medium.
- 9Continue to cook, uncovered and stirring often, until remaining liquid in pan is absorbed and carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, if using basil, stack about 5 leaves on top on one another, and cut into thin strips.
- 11Repeat with remaining basil.
- 12Remove carrots from heat and stir in basil.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tangy Honeyed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 296.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g