Recipe by chefschwantz
This is a wonderful way to add a new twist to asparagus. A little lemon, pepper and garlic gives you a wonderful side dish perfect for grilling. It's the only way my 4 year old daughter will eat it now. You have to be on your toes once it's on the grill, as it burns easily. A wide spatula or burger turner willl make things easier.
- 1 lb asparagus, fresh whole
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash asparagus and cut the woody part off the bottoms. Place in shallow baking dish or cake pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Pour over asparagus. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place spears over a medium hot grill, turn when a light char begins to appear on the bottom side, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat for top side. Remove from grill and serve immediatly.